Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Month Three – January 21, 2009

Dear BabyF and BabyB,


Time is certainly flying by. You’re now three months old and growing so quickly. BabyF, you’ve already more than doubled your birth weight and BabyB, you’re pretty close to doubling it.

You both had your first vaccines this month and handled it surprisingly well. Thankfully neither of you cried all that much and neither of you had any nasty side effects after the shots. I just hope all of your future vaccines go as smoothly.

You’re both doing a better job at holding up your bobbly heads and are getting stronger and stronger every day. You even smile more and make more of those cooing sounds. Even when you wake grumpy, your moods quickly change when you see me suddenly appear before you. I am always greeted with bright smiles from both of you and your smiles never cease to warm my heart. You are both my greatest source of joy.

BabyF, you’ve recently discovered your chubby little hand and seem to enjoy chewing and sucking on it almost all the time. You’re often drooling and this means your little hand is also covered with drool. BabyB, you don’t do this quite as often. Perhaps you don’t think your hand is as tasty as BabyF seems to think hers is.

BabyF, you sometimes have sudden fits of very loud screaming. I sometimes ask you who pinched your bottom when this happens because it really sounds like someone or something suddenly caused you harm. Luckily, we’re still able to calm you relatively quickly when this happens. BabyB, on the other hand, still winds up to her crying very slowly.

I love both of your names - after all, I chose them. However, over the past three brief months I’ve come to call you all sorts of affectionate names. Some are cute and some you may think not so cute. Here are a few:

Baby Love
Bamboletta (means little doll in Italian)
Coconut Head (for Felicia’s perfectly round head)
Cantaloupe Head (same reason as above)
Poopy Butt (for obvious reasons)
Bridgie
BridgieButt
BridgiePie
Bridgettina
Felicetta
Ladybug (BabyF, for some reason you remind me of a ladybug)
Amore (means love in Italian)
Tesoro (means treasure in Italian)
Cuore di Mamma (means mother’s heart in Italian)
Little Girl

I’m sure there are others and there will be others in the future, but I can’t seem to think of them right now. They are all, and will always be, terms of endearment.


Love,
Mamma

P.S. Thank you for sleeping for longer periods through most nights. I am eternally grateful!

8 comments:

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

That made me smile big, that was so sweet. One day they will read this and smile too. You should download it, or at least copy onto disc and print it off.

anna said...

Miranda - I am saving it on a word document and will be printing it and keeping it in their baby journals. :)

Ponita in Real Life said...

Oh Anna! It is a wondrous thing that you are doing for your girls here.... recording your heartfelt emotions for them to read when they are older.

I am so happy for you... I am so happy that you are so smitten with those babies.

Warms hugs to all of you.

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

That is such a great idea. I know I have no excuse, other than I hate hand writing. But I wish I'd of had a pc when my kids were little. We had the Apple IIE, and it didn't do anything lol.

WithinWithout said...

Beautiful.

Seeing as they are twins, maybe when you're gone they're plotting stories and filing those ideas away about YOU that they can write when they can do that...

goodgirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anna said...

Ponita - You hit it right on the head... I am absolutely smitten with them.

Miranda - I bought a couple of baby journals for them about a month ago. I'm ashamed to say I haven't even started filling them out.

WW - I like that thought. I would love to read their thoughts about me when they're able to write.

Jonas said...

One can't help but smile when reading your entries.