Thursday, January 15, 2009

what they don't tell you

Here are a few things women could expect to experience after delivering a child (or children) via c-section... and after breastfeeding for even just a short period of time.


Your tits will sag and look deflated.

Your abdomen will remain numb.

The skin over your midsection, which had stretched so far to accomodate 16lbs of baby (plus everything they needed in there while in residence), will be saggy.

Your back will ache at the spinal block injection site - an ache sometimes so intense that you feel like you may fall if you don't sit down.

Your hair will turn grey.

A thin dark line (linea negra) will appear from about the middle of your midsection down to your public mound.

You will find yourself searching for words and feel like a total idiot with all of the memory blanks.



I'm sure there are others I'm not remembering at the moment. I have no idea if or when any of these things will change or go back to normal... hopefully very soon. I have been feeling very ugly lately and I would love for a few things to go back to normal.

7 comments:

Ponita in Real Life said...

Anna, honey, you have prego brain. It may take a few years to get back to normal, but it will.... just in time to get meno brain. (Sorry...)

As for the rest, in time things will shrink a fair bit. But guaranteed you will never be the same shape you were before. Now, before you get all upset, please notice I said 'the same shape', not 'in the same shape'.... because even once you are nice and slim and trim agian, your hips will be a different shape. Prego hormones do that - they cause you to become a shape shifter.

Just know that one day you will look at yourself and go... 'Hm, I don't look too bad!' It will come, Anna, it will come.... just be patient with your body. It did a hell of a lot of work, girl.

And there is always hair dye...

Warm hugs to you!

Ponita in Real Life said...

Your mound is public?

Jonas said...

But your smile is radiant. That trumps EVERYTHING!

anna said...

Ponita - LMAO! I didn't even notice that typo. I'm tempted to leave it there just cause it cracked me up so much. To clarify... umm, NO! It is most definitely not public. LOL

Jonas - Stop being so charming, damn it... or I'll end up begging you to kidnap me on your motorcycle. ;)

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

LOL @ public mound. Ahh don't let that get to you, soon it will all dissappear. Even the grey hair, but come the teen years, I'd get stocks in all the hair dye companies.

morningstar said...

i was just gonna add -

i thought i was the only one who went gray having a baby..... first one did it for me.. i bought the hair dye and did that for many years........ though the teen years.. through the 20's ... finally gave up.. went naturally gray for the weddings and the grandbabies..

as for the rest of it... my mother used to say "you NOW have a woman's body" and ya know - there might be something in that !!!

morningstar (owned by Warren)

anna said...

miranda - I never thought of myself as being very vain before. But now that my body is in this weird shape and feels out of my control, I feel totally ugly. That MUST change.

morningstar - I've always admired women who go naturally grey. I think it looks sophisticated and confident and have always said I would do that when the time came. I just don't think I'm ready for that time to come. And I'm fine with having a woman's body - I just don't want it to be a saggy woman's body.