Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Christ's ears

No, really... that's what they're called. Les oreilles de crisse. Pork rind, salt, and monosodium glutamate (if you buy it packaged)... which is exactly what J brought back with him after his short trip to the grocery store the other day.



Quite honestly I've never tried them. Pork rind doesn't sound especially appetizing to me. He, on the other hand, thinks they are a delicious, salty, crispy treat. Umm, no thanks - I'll pass.


However, I have found my newest little food addiction of the week (maybe of the month). Whole grain snacking goodness. He can have his Christ's ears. I'll stick with my crackers.

5 comments:

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

Weren't those called Bacon puffs or Piggy puffs? I cant remember, I do remember I used to like them as a kid, maybe it was the salt LOL.

Those Triskets look good. I'm into those new Sun-up chips - pepper/ranch flavor, yum!

~Just Me Miranda~ said...

UGHS as soon as I hit the send button I realized I spelled it wrong.

Ponita in Real Life said...

Real pork rind is the way to go! My mum used to roast a whole ham (pig's leg minus the foot) with the skin on, which got very crispy and crunchy. She would peel it off so she could then glaze the ham. We would break pieces of the rind off and munch happily on it, dripping pork fat down our chins. Yum-MEE!!

I have to admit I have never had those pork rind puffy snack thingies.

anna said...

Miranda - I didn't even realize they were available in the rest of Canada. I thought it was a Quebec thing.

Ponita - My mom sometimes cooks pork rind in her pasta sauce along with different meats. I used to love that stuff when I was a kid, but I wouldn't touch it now. My dad used to like those Christ's ears thingies too.

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Take Hugh Hefner. Who’d wanna be laid by him? Even when he was young, that smoke’n would disgust me. But, alas! Those lovely girls who fell into that trap didn’t have the bawls to see past the thousands of dollars he offered. I seriously doubt he had any faith while he was busy with his mortal sin. Don’t fall into that trap, puh-leeze, or you, too, will be lost without repentance - the Devil knows if he can lead U.S. away on the Wide Path, fulla wine, women, and song, he’s got U.S. hooked like a fish… and, all the while, we’re thinking of nuthin but the whorizontal world (Ecclesiastes 5:1 -and- Romans 8:18). Your choice. Your demise. Jesus loves you to death, yet, it’s only up to ONE person to accept. YOU. +God/Bless/You+